Bloomington, MN (Twin Cities) - Holiday Inn Select
* Dementia Track schedule and details at http://www.marscondementia.com !
* MarsCon 2008 Dementia Track Fund Raiser 2-CD Set for sale now at http://www.thegreatlukeski.com/products-page/?product_id=157 !
* Get your MarsCon 2008 Dementia Track T-shirt at http://shirts.dementiaradio.org !
Feb. 29th, March 1st & 2nd, 2008
Bloomington, MN - Holiday Inn Select
Announcing: http://www.MarsConDementia.com !!!
The official website of the world's best fandom convention comedy music track!
MAIN STAGE DEMENTIA CONCERT SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY, Feb. 29th:
10:00 pm - BETH KINDERMAN
10:30 pm - ERIC COLEMAN
11:00 pm - WORM QUARTET
11:30 pm - THE GOTHSICLES
SATURDAY, Mar. 1st:
2:00 pm - ROB BALDER
2:30 pm - SUDDEN DEATH
3:00 pm - PAUL & STORM
4:00 pm - [break time for tear-down, set-up, bathroom, merch buying, snacks, smoking, etc.]
4:30 pm - POSSIBLE OSCAR
5:00 pm - Music Guests of Honor HOT WAFFLES
SUNDAY, Mar. 2nd:
1:00 pm - ART PAUL SCHLOSSER
1:30 pm - CARRIE DAHLBY
2:00 pm - POWER SALAD
2:30 pm - THE GREAT LUKE SKI
3:00 pm - THE DEMENTIA SMACKDOWN CONCERT!
Other stuff not to miss:
The MARSCON DEMENTIA FAN SHOWCASE hosted by DJ PARTICLE!
The one and only DJ Particle will host this event that puts YOU in the spotlight! Sunday morning at 11:00 AM in the Karaoke Room, it'll be your chance to get up in front of the crowd and show your demented stuff! Are you an up and coming dementia artist with some songs to sing? Are you a Karaoke fanatic who loves to sing your favorite funny tunes? Do you and your friends want to do a lip-sync to the latest demented hit? Then this is the show for you! DJ Particle will be performing some new songs herself as a part of the show! Want to be in the show? Drop me an e-mail at LukeSki@Juno.com with the subject line "SHOWCASE" and tell me who you are and what you plan to do. So come on and join in the fun, because it's your turn to be a dementia star!
The DEMENTIA RADIO ROOM PARTY!
"Blasted Bill" Putt and the crew from the awesome 24-hour a day streaming audio internet station "Dementia Radio Dot Org" ( http://www.dementiaradio.org ) are returning to MarsCon again to throw
another rocking party on Friday and Saturday night on the infamous 13th floor! There will be music! Snacks! Alcohol! Mayhem! Cheese Whiz! Cleavage! Rob Balder committing mayhem with cheese whiz
on cleavage! So be sure to stop by and spend some time there when perusing all the parties on the 13th floor!
Pre-registration is $55.00 ( http://marscon.org/ten/register/index.php ), same price at the door.
If you're on LiveJournal, be sure to sign up for the LJ community:
marscondementia ( http://community.livejournal.com/marscondementia )
The MarsCon 2008 Dementia Track Fund Raiser CD!
As we did last year, the funds raised by this album will go to help cover the hotel room costs of our comedy music performers who are paying their own way to travel out to the Twin Cities to perform at MarsCon 2008 (Feb 29 thru Mar 2) for all of the wonderful con patrons there. However, the differences between last year's collection and this year's are pretty darn nifty.
First of all, this year's collection is a TWO CD set! Over 2 HOURS of music and fun stuff!
Second of all, the collection is comprised mostly of LIVE CONCERT TRACKS FROM MARSCON 2007, featuring DJ Particle, Rob Balder, Sudden Death, The Gothsicles, Wyngarde, Eric Coleman, Possible Oscar, Worm Quartet, the great Luke Ski, Ookla The Mok, Beth Kinderman, Art Paul Schlosser, Carrie Dahlby, Power Salad, & Carla Ulbrich! It's like living the whole weekend all over again, but without all the snow, the hangover, and cheese whiz to clean up.
Third of all, the collection has TWO NEW STUDIO BONUS TRACKS by MarsCon 2008's Music Guest Of Honor, HOT WAFFLES, and newcomers to the con, the nationally renowned PAUL & STORM!
Fourth of all, when you order the 2-CD set online (which will be snail mailed to you), you'll get to enjoy the collection right away, because you'll be given a secure link to DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE 2-CD SONG COLLECTION AS 128k MP3s! You want instant gratification? You got it!
The price is $22.25 ($20 for the 2-CD set, plus $2.25 shipping). To order, follow this link:
Here's the track listing:
1. A short intro by Luke Ski
2. MarsCon Dementia Track (2007 Version) - the great Luke Ski
3. Red Star Woman - DJ Particle, featuring the Almighty DJ Milla
4. Always A Goth Chick - Rob Balder
5. Stalling For Time - Part 1
6. Cellular Degeneration - Sudden Death
7. Stalling For Time - Part 2
8. Konami Code (live) - the Gothsicles, featuring the great Luke Ski and Sudden Death
9. The All-Powerful Nate Boi Interviews A Drunken Rob Balder
10. Rich Fantasy Lives (a cappella live at the Dementia Radio Room Party) - Rob Balder
11. Cathy! (Lounge Version) - Wyngarde
12. Wyngarde Kicks Off Saturday
13. Pine City Motel Blues - Eric Coleman
14. Konami Code (unplugged) - Eric Coleman & Worm Quartet
15. Talk Nerdy To Me - Possible Oscar
16. Earn Hollywood Earn - Possible Oscar, featuring Wyngarde, the great Luke Ski, and Sudden Death
17. Action Jackson - Wyngarde, featuring Possible Oscar
18. Mr. Yuck - Wyngarde, featuring Possible Oscar
19. I'm Not A Girl - Worm Quartet
1. Your Bird Smells - Worm Quartet, featuring the great Luke Ski
2. Stalling For Time - Part 3
3. You Don't Know Jack - the great Luke Ski
4. Pac-Man - Sudden Death, featuring Worm Quartet
5. Play That Filky Music - Power Salad, featuring the great Luke Ski
6. Stalling For Time - Part 4
7. Number One - Ookla The Mok
8. Go To Bed - Ookla The Mok
9. The All-Powerful Nate Boi Interviews Luke Ski's Right Nipple
10. Fanboy (a cappella live at the Dementia Radio Room Party) - the great Luke Ski, featuring darkNES of the Gothsicles
11. Hannibal Lecter - Beth Kinderman
12. Human Guinea Pig - Art Paul Schlosser
13. I Really Did Go To School Naked - Carrie Dahlby
14. Katie's Dream - Power Salad
15. If I Had The Copyright - Carla Ulbrich
16. Luke & Devo Talk About Blindwulf & Logan
17. Robot Cat - Sudden Death
18. Don't Download The Song – The MarsCon 2007 Dementia Track Performers
19. A long outro by Luke Ski
20. Nun Fight - Paul & Storm
21. The Yolk's On You - Hot Waffles
I hope you'll all consider picking this collection up and supporting the MarsCon Dementia Track. For more information on what's happening there this year, visit http://www.marscondementia.com . Thanks, and long live funny music!
The MarsCon 2008 Dementia Track T-SHIRT!
Illustrated by your truly, this T-shirt depicts all of the Dementia Track performers as classic video game characters, to go along with this year's theme at MarsCon "Press Start To Continue". To see the image, click here: http://www.lukeski.com/MarsCon2008DTshirt.jpg To order your own shirt, just go to http://shirts.dementiaradio.org! Here's a $5.00 off coupon code: SPREADSHIRT749 . Thanks to "Blasted Bill" Putt of Dementia Radio for setting it all up!